- Equilibrium Massage Studio905 Market ST Suite 200
Allen, TX 75013
Massage therapy has been around for centuries and has been discussed in the ancient texts of many languages, including Chinese, Indian, Greek and Egyptian. While the exact roots of massage therapy are not known, it is known that getting regular massages can be very beneficial for those who receive them. Massage can treat everything from aches, pains and digestive issues to insomnia and more, which everyone experiences at some point in their lives.
While many people think of massage as a treat for special occasions, the truth is that regular massage can be extremely beneficial, especially during the summer months. Here are five reasons why you should consider getting a massage this summer:
- Aches, Pains, Sprains and Strains – Regular massage helps soften and relax injured or overused muscles. Muscles being used more frequently can lead to aches and pains. Regular massage increases circulation and oxygenation, which helps the muscles heal more quickly. Massage also releases endorphins from the brain that are natural painkillers.
- Improved Mood / Mental Attitude – The added stress of having the kids in the house, all day, every day, during the summer months can lead to anger and frustration. Getting a massage will help the mind and body relax. Studies confirm that regular massage can be beneficial for stress. Massages increase the feel good hormones known as serotonin and dopamine, while reducing the stress hormone known as cortisol. This leads to an improved mental state.
- Decreases Joint Swelling – The increased amount of heat and humidity can frequently cause swelling of the joints, particularly the knees and ankles. Massage helps to decrease the static accumulation of fluids in the joints by increasing circulation. Lymphatic massage is especially good at this because it pushes fluids through the body, releases toxins in the cells and keeps things flowing to reduce swelling.
- Increases Immunity – With all the added activity and fatigue from running around, summer colds can be common. Regular massage increases circulation in the body and oxygenation of the cells. This can help bolster the body’s immune system, allowing it to heal faster by increasing the amount of lymphocytes in the bloodstream. Lymphocytes are white blood cells that fight off disease and infection.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Regular massages can be very beneficial to the circulatory system and a person’s blood pressure. Because massage is so relaxing, it can help lower blood pressure, while also decreasing the risk of stroke or a heart attack. When stress increases, so too does the blood pressure. As mentioned before, massage is a great way to decrease stress levels.
This list represents the tip of the iceberg when it comes to why massage can be beneficial to everybody during the summer months. So whether you’re suffering from aches and pains, high blood pressure, a summer cold or joint swelling, finding a massage therapist might be exactly what the doctor ordered. If nothing else, you get a few minutes of relaxation and no worries. Who can’t use that?
Massage is both therapeutic and relaxing, it is something that everyone should try at least once. The catch is, once you try it once, you are sure to be coming back for more. Massage is extremely beneficial for the body and can help you in many ways. There are a plethora of reasons as to why you should get a massage, but here are the top seven reasons why you need to try massage therapy. continue reading
We are constantly on our feet. Walking, driving, biking, hiking, you name it and we need our two feet to do it. Conversely, our feet are the least taken care of part of our body. Think about it. When’s the last time you gave your feet a good and proper pampering? I bet it has been a while. Take a look at these five reasons to give your feet more tender-loving care and you’ll find yourself treating your feet to a massage multiple times a month. continue reading
Massage therapy for rehabilitation after surgery has become increasingly popular over the last few years. Massage can foster healing within the body after it has experienced the trauma of surgery. It is known to bring back essential nutrients and blood to the areas operated on in surgery. Perhaps most importantly, receiving massage after surgery can decrease the buildup of scar tissue. These are just a few of the reasons why massage can be so integral to your body after going through surgical procedures. Check out this list of seven no-brainer reasons to get massage after surgery! continue reading